Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ganglians - "Valiant Brave"

In the mood for some lo-fi psychedelia? Ganglians are a new band from Sacramento that are making some waves in the blogging world. After reading their review on Pitchfork and discovering they were on the same label (Woodist) as one of my favorite 2009 bands, Woods, I was very much intrigued. Yet a week went by and I still hadn't heard any songs by Ganglians. So when I discovered that that Gorilla vs. Bear was going to play a Ganglians' song on their weekly blog radio slot on SiriXMU, I made sure to check it out. The song, "Valiant Brave, takes you on an exhilarating and epic ride. The song is filled with some tremendous transitions and is easily one of the best songs I have heard this year. As you probably guessed, I am now very eager to check out the rest of their album, Monster Head Room.

In the meantime, check out the "Valiant Brave" and let me know what you think.

Ganglians - Valiant Brave

0 comments:

Post a Comment