Thursday, November 5, 2009

Video: Real Estate - "Basement" (Live @ CMJ)

First let me apologize for the lack of any posts in the last few weeks. Lots going on right now, both good and bad. With that being said, let's get back to the music!

Those of you that know me, also know that I have been hyping New Jersey band Real Estate quite a bit. Real Estate create a laid back lo-fi surf sound that really grabs and holds. Their debut album is out on November 17th and is one of my most highly anticipated releases for this year. I have heard a bunch of their songs and have yet to run into one I didn't like. Along with about 1200 other bands, Real Estate were recently in New York for the CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival. Here is an excellent video of one of their performances. Before you watch this, realize that this video was created by Ray Concepcion, who has a unique approach. Quite enjoyable I must say. Oh yeah, gotta love the PBR towards the beginning in the background.



The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner: Real Estate [Part 3 of 14] from Ray ConcepcioƱ on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment