Saturday, May 2, 2009

Woods - Rain on (Live Video)

Fresh out of hiatus, I am back with a strong recommendation for the band Woods. Woods is a lo-fi group I just discovered. I cannot say enough about their new album Songs of Shame...It is that good. I anticipate it will be in my top 3 of 2009.

The album really ingrains itself to you and you will find yourself wanting to hear it over and over again. I cannot sum up Woods sounds any better than this quote from Pitchfork: Woods created a distinctive blend of spooky campfire folk, lo-fi rock, homemade tape collages, and other noisy interludes, all anchored by deceptively sturdy melodies.

Seriously now, I am trying to figure out how I am now just hearing about these guys. Their two other albums are amazing too. Well have a listen. Also, check out the new lala player on the right side of the blog. In there you can check out some more songs by Woods. Lots of lo-fi ear candy!

Here is their song 'Rain On', performed live:


0 comments:

Post a Comment