Monday, June 29, 2009

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Driving to work this morning, I heard a sweet song on sirixmu by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros called "Janglin". This sparked a memory of a March NPR podcast in which they reviewed the days spent at SXSW festival in Austin, Texas. It was during this podcast that they significantly hyped Edward Sharpe & Magnetic Zeros. So I quickly typed (not while driving) the band's name into The Hype Machine and came across an even better song called "40 Day Dream". To this point, I don't know a lot about them except that they are led by IMA Robot's Alex Ebert. What I do know is that the music is seriously infectious. Reminds me of a mix of Gnarls Barkley and Arcade Fire. Can't stop listening to these songs!

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros have an EP out now entitled Here Comes. Their full length debut, Up From Below, comes out on July 14th.

Here are the two great songs I mentioned above.


Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - 40 Day Dream

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Janglin


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

CD said...

Thanks for the Hype Machine link. That site is crazy. Have you been posting over there?

I like the 2 songs you posted today. I go to this blog first for my soundtrack as I cruise the rest of the web.

Post a Comment