Thursday, September 3, 2009

Langhorne Slim

Do you all know Langhorne Slim? I am wondering how I could just now be discovering this guy. Just heard his new song (from his upcoming and newest album), "I Love You, But Goodbye". This folk singer was born as Sean Scolnick and is originally from Langhorne, Pennsylvania (near Trenton, NJ). Pretty sweet name and one that sticks. It reminds me of another guy they called 'Slim' who I got to see play with Portland's Pagan Jug Band. Anyway, Langhorne's songs sunk their teeth into me from the beginning. He reminds me of a mix of Josh Ritter and a little-know artist from Montana named Aaron Parrett. Great songwriting with a nice blend of sounds and instruments.

Langhorne Slims newest album, Be Set Free, releases on September 29th.

Here is the video for his newest song, "I Love You, But Goodbye":



Here is one of the excellent songs from his 2008 self-titled album, "Restless":


Langhorne Slim - Restless






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment